Friday, June 18, 2010

Noble Notes on Famous Folks - Book Review

Noble Notes on Famous Folks

Book Review

By Richard E. Noble





“Noble Notes on Famous Folks” was intended to be informative but yet entertaining – hopefully even humorous. I had great fun writing this book. I would like to do two or three more like it.

I was inspired to write a book in this style by stumbling onto a writer by the name of Willy Cuppy. Mr. Cuppy wrote a number of great books. His most famous is probably, The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody.

Mr. Cuppy was an intellectual and a wit. I make no such claim but I did my best. My book might not be quit so witty and hardly as intellectual but I feel I did a very good job.

The book lays down the basic facts of the people it describes with usually some not so well known tidbits thrown in. Many of the famous characters described in these pages are quite funny with no additional elaboration. There have been some really strange famous people – Abelard, Francis Bacon, and Tycho Brahe to point out just a few.

There are some who have stories that most people just wouldn’t believe. For example: Archimedes, Alexander the Great, Walt Whitman, and even Charles Lindbergh. If you like history, you will love this book. If you don’t like history because it is too dull and often written boringly, you will love this book. If you would like to read something and maybe learn a little something at the same time, this book is for you. Try it. I really think you will like it.

No comments: