Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's Too Hard

It’s Too Hard.

by Richard E. Noble

It is so hard.
It is oh so terribly hard.
It’s too hard.

I’ve tried.
I’ve tried so hard.
But it’s too hard.

It’s too, too hard.

I’ve worked so hard.
But it is too hard.
It is too, too hard.

It mattered once.
It mattered too much.
It mattered too, too much.

Oh how it mattered.
It was life or death.
It mattered to me.

It really, really mattered.

But, no more, for
it is too hard.
It was too, too hard.

It was too hard for me.

You were too hard.
You were too, too hard.
You were too hard for me.

And now it doesn’t matter.
Once it mattered.
But, it matters no more.
Because it was too hard.

It was too, too hard.

Now I’m too old.
And it doesn’t matter
Maybe it never mattered.

I did want it so.
I wanted it so badly.
I wanted it oh so badly.

But it was too hard.
It was too, too hard.
It was oh so very hard

You made it too hard.
You made it too, too hard.
You made it too hard for me

too ... too ... hard.

No comments: